Senior SQL Developer
UpClear is a technology SaaS company with a global customer base that is changing how Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) companies manage their Trade Promotions.
UpClear’s BluePlanner software is a best-in-class platform for Revenue Management, covering Sales Planning, Trade Promotion Management (TPM), Analytics, and Optimization (TPO). BluePlanner has been acknowledged by the Consumer Goods Technology publication as one of the leading solutions for Trade Promotion Management. UpClear is growing quickly and has been recognized for the sixth year in a row (2014 to 2019) as one of the fastest growing private companies by Inc 5000.
UpClear serves clients in 25+ countries across Americas, Europe, and Asia-Pacific from its primary offices in New York (US), London (UK), Paris (France), and Hong Kong (China), and branch in Sydney (Australia).
- Develop global Enterprise SaaS and business intelligence and big data in the CPG & Retail industry
- Get on the ground floor of a startup-like company that already has a global reach
ABOUT THE ROLE
We're seeking self-starting, resourceful and passionate individuals with 6-8 years of MS SQL Server development experience. Ideal candidates will have strong T-SQL skills, Business Intelligence experience, and a good understanding of Data-Integration techniques to support and enhance our SaaS platform which is utilized by our global client base.
A technical screen will be conducted.
- Design and improve custom data-integration procedures for individual customers
- Enhance and maintain our business intelligence platform to deliver improved analytics for end users
- Provide support and streamlining of data consolidation processes
- Coding, testing, and troubleshooting features and enhancements in the current database environment
- Monitoring and fine-tuning databases for optimal performance
- Managing migration of existing infrastructure to cloud servers
- Establishing SQL Server Replication throughout cloud servers for scalability and availability
- At least 6 years of development experience with MS SQL Server
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or relevant educational background (including certifications)
- A passion for new technologies and designing state of the art solutions
- Experience with MS SQL and related tools
- Experience in Data Warehousing w/ Star Schema
- Experience in designing Data Integrations
- Expertise in writing and debugging complex SQL statements
- Ability to manage a workload based on shifting priorities
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
- Experience in Agile or SCRUM practices a plus
- NoSql database experience a plus
UpClear employees have access to a range of competitive benefits, including
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, and Public Holidays)